We will never sell or rent your email address to any unauthorised third party.
How we collect and use information
Information You Voluntarily Submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Site by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form.
Automatically-Collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Site. For example, when you use the Site, we may log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Site. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Site, such as links clicked.
How we may use your information
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate and maintain the Website
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts
- To respond to your comments or enquiries
Except when required by law, we will not sell, distribute, or reveal your email addresses or other personal information without your consent; however, we may disclose or transfer personal information collected through the Website to third parties who acquire all or a portion of our business, which may be the result of a merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganisation proceeding brought by or against us.
Links to third-party websites or services not owned or controlled by us.
We have no control over, and assume no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party web sites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that this website and its owner shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or services.
How do we store your Information as a subscriber?
Your information is stored at the list server that delivers this Site’s newsletters (https://MailChimp.com). Your information can only be accessed by those who help manage those lists in order to deliver e-mail to those who would like to receive this Site’s newsletters.
All of the newsletters or emails that are sent to you by this Site include an unsubscribe link in them. You can remove yourself at any time from our newsletters or mailing list by clicking on the unsubscribe link that can be found in every communication that I send you.
To ensure the security and safety of this site, we create weekly backups of all information on this site, which are held in a zip file within our secure hosting server. Each backup file is deleted in full when the next one is created.
In the event of a security breach on this website, we will notify you within 72 hours of becoming aware of the breach.
In the event of a security breach on any third party server which we use to store your information (such as https://mailchimp.com) we will notify you as soon as we can reasonably do so and we have been notified by the third party.
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. Those rights include:
Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at email@example.com to be removed from our mailing list.
Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amend – You may contact us at email@example.com to amend or update your personal information.
Forget – You may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will retain the any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of: (a) you asking us to delete the information, (b) our decision to cease using our existing data providers, or (c) we decide that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
Sensitive personal information
The Site does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Site has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at email@example.com and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
What Are Cookies
You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this). Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
The Cookies We Set
- Email newsletters related cookies. This site offers newsletter or email subscription services and cookies may be used to remember if you are already registered and whether to show certain notifications which might only be valid to subscribed/unsubscribed users.
- Forms related cookies. When you submit data to through a form such as those found on contact pages or comment forms cookies may be set to remember your user details for future correspondence.
Walk Slow Run Wild uses both “session” and “persistent” cookies.
Session cookies: These are deleted from your computer as soon as you close your browser, and help us to keep track of you while you navigate our site, increase web security and prevent fraud.
Persistent cookies: These will remain stored on your computer until you delete them, or they reach their specific expiry date. Persistent cookies help our website to recognise you when you visit, and keep track of your preferences when using our website. It’s all about helping to provide you with the best user experience, tailored to you!
Third Party Cookies
- This site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solution on the web for helping us to understand how you use the site and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the site and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content.For more information on Google Analytics cookies, see the official Google Analytics page.
- Several partners advertise on our behalf and affiliate tracking cookies simply allow us to see if our customers have come to the site through one of our partner sites so that we can credit them appropriately and where applicable allow our affiliate partners to provide any bonus that they may provide you for making a purchase.
- We also use social media buttons and/or plugins on this site that allow you to connect with your social network in various ways. For these to work the following social media sites including; Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, will set cookies through our site which may be used to enhance your profile on their site or contribute to the data they hold for various purposes outlined in their respective privacy policies.
Hopefully that has clarified things for you and as was previously mentioned if there is something that you aren’t sure whether you need or not it’s usually safer to leave cookies enabled in case it does interact with one of the features you use on our site.
However if you are still looking for more information then you can contact us through one of our preferred contact methods:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy was last updated in May 2018.